Not much is known about Berlin, Germany based experimental artist HOLY MACHINES but for the 38th installment of the STYLSS Mix Series, we invited him to join us. With only a few unreleased but amazingly well produced tracks available for stream on his soundcloud, Holy Machines’ unique heavy & dark sound caught our attention immediately. The good news is a debut EP is in the works.
“This mix is just a small blend of textures, ambiences and more abstract beats, touching jazz, ambient, plunderphonics, and noise. Some by friends, some by artists that I love. Just dive into it, headphone listening is highly recommended.” – HOLY MACHINES
STYLSS Recipe 038: HOLY MACHINES Autumn Pasta [Serves 4]
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and diced
- olive oil
- 400g pappardelle or fettuccine
- 75g butter
- 3 tablespoons whole sage leaves
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the pumpkin in a baking dish and sprinkle with a little oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Just before the pumpkin is ready, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the butter and sage in a saucepan over low to medium heat and allow the butter to simmer until a golden brown colour.
- To serve, place the pasta in serving plates and top with the pumpkin and parmesan. Spoon over the brown butter and sage leaves and season with salt and pepper.
STYLSS Mix 038: HOLY MACHINES tracklist:
words by coryhaynes
The STYLSS Mix Series is curated to showcase & spotlight upcoming artists from the internet music domain & from around the world.
STYLSS Mix Series: