For the 37th installment of the STYLSS Mix Series we invited Seattle based experimental producer Joey Butler aka KID SMPL to join us. A RBMA alumni reppin multiple solid releases with the Hush Hush Records imprint, as well as headlining their recent label showcase/audiovisual experience at Decibel Festival. KID SMPL is def carving his own path of experimental bass music in the Pacific Northwest.
“Making mixes is always a way for me to kinda connect the dots between the music that I like & the music that I make. So this mix is a collection of some stuff I’ve been listening to & some of my own production kind of all presented within the same aesthetic hopefully.” -KID SMPL
Download, Tracklist & Recipe for Kid Smpl’s Peanut Butter Pie after the jump.
STYLSS Recipe 037: Kid Smpl’s Peanut Butter Pie (this shit’s crazy)
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter; press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake until brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- With a heavy-duty stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the cream at high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Transfer to a large clean bowl and set aside.
- Fit the stand mixer with the paddle attachment and a clean bowl; add the cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and beat at high speed until the mixture is smooth and silky.
- Gently fold the cream cheese-peanut butter mixture into the whipped cream with a spatula until completely blended. Spoon into the cooled pie shell and smooth out the top. Place the pie in the freezer for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
STYLSS Mix 037: KID SMPL tracklist:
The STYLSS Mix Series is curated to showcase & spotlight upcoming artists from the internet music domain & from around the world.
STYLSS Mix Series: